- Aly Marie
Alright you guys, few ingredients and all the flavour! We know i'm all about minimal ingredients. Once you have roasted cauliflower steaks you will never go back to boiling cauliflower ever, again.
One cauliflower head
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and fresh cracked pepper
Italian herb mix
+ Whatever you want to top with, peanut sauce, bbq sauce etc.
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) . Remove leaves from stem end of cauliflower. Place cauliflower core side down. Using a large knife, slice cauliflower into four steaks from the center of cauliflower, each steak should be approximatively 1/2 inch thick. Place the cauliflower steaks on a oiled baking sheet along with the broken florets.
2. Combine olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, italian herbs, and thyme into a bowl. Brush the cauliflower slices generously on both sides with this mixture, then roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden and cooked through. You can flip the steak a halftime, but don’t have to.
3. ENJOY! Can add barbecue sauce, garnishes like parsley, cilantro etc.
I added, parsley, sprouts, peanuts and my usual peanut sauce - recipe below!
PEANUT SAUCE INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS:
1. 1/2 cup plain powdered peanut powder (can be found at most health food stores).
2. 2 tbsp liquid braggs, or soya sauce.
3. 3-4 tbsp water add until running consistency.
4. fresh garlic or garlic powder
5. sriracha totally optional, but I like a little ZING!
BLEND ALL INGREDIENTS AND VOILA!